[igraph] beginner's question

From: Lin Freeman
Subject: [igraph] beginner's question
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 09:21:49 -0500

Hi,

I have a beginner's question.  I'm running various community-finders an a data set.  I've had success
with spinglass and walktrap, but I can't get fastgreedy to run.  See below:

> D <- read.table("Ds.dat")
> B <-D[,1:2]-1
> library(igraph)
> g <- graph(t(as.matrix(B)), directed=FALSE
+ )
> E(g)$weight <- D[,3]
> fastgreedy.community(g, merges=TRUE, modular=TRUE, weights=E(g)$weight)
Error in fastgreedy.community(g, merges = TRUE, modular = TRUE, weights = E(g)$weight) :
  At fast_community.c:536 : fast-greedy community finding works only on simple graphs, Invalid value

The data file "Ds.dat" is, so far as I can see, a "simple graph."  That is, there are no self loops.
Here is the data file:

1 2 6
1 3 7
1 4 6
1 5 3
1 6 4
1 7 3
1 8 3
1 9 3
1 10 2
1 11 2
1 12 2
1 13 2
1 14 2
1 15 1
1 16 2
1 17 1
1 18 1
2 1 6
2 3 6
2 4 6
2 5 3
2 6 4
2 7 4
2 8 2
2 9 3
2 10 2
2 11 1
2 12 1
2 13 2
2 14 2
2 15 2
2 16 1
3 1 7
3 2 6
3 4 6
3 5 4
3 6 4
3 7 4
3 8 3
3 9 4
3 10 3
3 11 2
3 12 2
3 13 3
3 14 3
3 15 2
3 16 2
3 17 1
3 18 1
4 1 6
4 2 6
4 3 6
4 5 4
4 6 4
4 7 4
4 8 2
4 9 3
4 10 2
4 11 1
4 12 1
4 13 2
4 14 2
4 15 2
4 16 1
5 1 3
5 2 3
5 3 4
5 4 4
5 6 2
5 7 2
5 9 2
5 10 1
5 13 1
5 14 1
5 15 1
6 1 4
6 2 4
6 3 4
6 4 4
6 5 2
6 7 3
6 8 2
6 9 2
6 10 1
6 11 1
6 12 1
6 13 1
6 14 1
6 15 1
6 16 1
7 1 3
7 2 4
7 3 4
7 4 4
7 5 2
7 6 3
7 8 2
7 9 3
7 10 2
7 11 1
7 12 1
7 13 2
7 14 2
7 15 2
7 16 1
8 1 3
8 2 2
8 3 3
8 4 2
8 6 2
8 7 2
8 9 2
8 10 2
8 11 2
8 12 2
8 13 2
8 14 2
8 15 1
8 16 2
8 17 1
8 18 1
9 1 3
9 2 3
9 3 4
9 4 3
9 5 2
9 6 2
9 7 3
9 8 2
9 10 3
9 11 2
9 12 2
9 13 3
9 14 2
9 15 2
9 16 2
9 17 1
9 18 1
10 1 2
10 2 2
10 3 3
10 4 2
10 5 1
10 6 1
10 7 2
10 8 2
10 9 3
10 11 3
10 12 3
10 13 4
10 14 3
10 15 3
10 16 2
10 17 1
10 18 1
11 1 2
11 2 1
11 3 2
11 4 1
11 6 1
11 7 1
11 8 2
11 9 2
11 10 3
11 12 4
11 13 4
11 14 3
11 15 3
11 16 2
11 17 1
11 18 1
12 1 2
12 2 1
12 3 2
12 4 1
12 6 1
12 7 1
12 8 2
12 9 2
12 10 3
12 11 4
12 13 6
12 14 5
12 15 3
12 16 2
12 17 1
12 18 1
13 1 2
13 2 2
13 3 3
13 4 2
13 5 1
13 6 1
13 7 2
13 8 2
13 9 3
13 10 4
13 11 4
13 12 6
13 14 6
13 15 4
13 16 2
13 17 1
13 18 1
14 1 2
14 2 2
14 3 3
14 4 2
14 5 1
14 6 1
14 7 2
14 8 2
14 9 2
14 10 3
14 11 3
14 12 5
14 13 6
14 15 4
14 16 1
14 17 2
14 18 2
15 1 1
15 2 2
15 3 2
15 4 2
15 5 1
15 6 1
15 7 2
15 8 1
15 9 2
15 10 3
15 11 3
15 12 3
15 13 4
15 14 4
15 16 1
15 17 1
15 18 1
16 1 2
16 2 1
16 3 2
16 4 1
16 6 1
16 7 1
16 8 2
16 9 2
16 10 2
16 11 2
16 12 2
16 13 2
16 14 1
16 15 1
16 17 1
16 18 1
17 1 1
17 3 1
17 8 1
17 9 1
17 10 1
17 11 1
17 12 1
17 13 1
17 14 2
17 15 1
17 16 1
17 18 2
18 1 1
18 3 1
18 8 1
18 9 1
18 10 1
18 11 1
18 12 1
18 13 1
18 14 2
18 15 1
18 16 1
18 17 2

Lin Freeman

--
Linton C. Freeman
Institute for Mathematical Behavioral Sciences and

Office:             (949) 824-6698
Home (CA):      (949) 494-6139
         (FL):      (941) 778-1074
Secretary:        (949) 824-3663