[igraph] Advanced Statistical Tools?

From: Tom Hayden
Subject: [igraph] Advanced Statistical Tools?
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 16:08:32 -0600

Hello iGraphers!

I'm not sure if this has been discussed on this list or not.  It
doesn't look like igraph has any super advanced tools for generating
random graphs and testing hypotheses. I'm thinking of stuff like p* ,
ergm, and longitudinal p* stuff. There are some network packages like
statnet and the SNA package that can handle this but it doesn't appear
to be built into igraph.

Is there any desire to have anything like this as part of igraph? I'm
a PhD Computer Science student at Northwestern  University, and I
study social networks but prefer to use igraph.  I am good with R and
can code.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Tom Hayden