Re: [igraph] perl bindings

From: John Lapeyre
Subject: Re: [igraph] perl bindings
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 13:29:39 +0100

>  igraph does not use it. igraph simply uses standard Python lists in place
>  of igraph_vector_t objects and they are converted on-the-fly to

 In perl at least, using PDL would result in more efficient user code. Of
 course, how much more efficient depends on the application.

>  definitions from interfaces/functions.def and some code snippets from
>  interfaces/R/types-C.def and interfaces/R/types-R.def. If you decide to
>  build a Perl interface for igraph, consider hacking tools/stimulus.py (by
>  extending it with a Perl code generator based on the already existing R
>  and Java code generators) and using that instead of coding your interface
>  manually.

 Both perl and PDL have tools for creating interfaces, and
you can also use your own custom conversion scripts. I
suppose stimulus.py shows what needs to be done.  I am not
sure that making a PDL interface is more difficult than
converting to and from native lists on every call.  For the
moment, I'm continuing with C (getting very bored with

John