Re: [igraph] Something strange about the Power-law distribution of Bara

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Something strange about the Power-law distribution of Barabasi.game
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 10:36:12 +0200

Hi Ravi,

I don't know.

What the generator does, is that it uses a big bag of vertex ids,
where each id might appear multiply times (This is a multiset in more
mathematical terms.) In each time step, each vertex id appears in the
bag exactly as many times as its in-degree, plus once more. (The
latter is to allow zero in-degree vertices to get incoming edges.)
When edges are created, we just choose elements from the bag. A side
effect of this algorithm is that it might create multiple edges.