[igraph] degree.sequence.game "vl"

From: Fabio Daolio
Subject: [igraph] degree.sequence.game "vl"
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:10:19 +0200

Dear Gabor and all the users,
this is my first message so I'll start by saying: thanks for the library!

I'm using igraph_0.5.4-1 from the repository "http://stat.ethz.ch";,
together with R version 2.11.1, on a 64bit Mac OS X 10.6.4.

I have a problem with degree.sequence.game and method="vl"
but just for the following degree sequence: 7, 3, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2
The generation function doesn't work (CPU stuck at 100%)

The sum of degrees is even and the degree sequence comes from
a (small) connected undirected graph.

Can you reproduce the same behavior?
Is there a reason why, and is there a solution?

Thanks in advance,
Sincerely
--
Fabio