[igraph] Tethered network graphs

From: Chris Silvia
Subject: [igraph] Tethered network graphs
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 11:52:36 -0500

Greetings!

  I’m trying to create networks where there is a central node and the other nodes are connected to it via edges that are of a predetermined magnitude.  In this scenario, the distance of the node from the central node is dictated by the magnitude of the edge “weight” variable and this needs to be maintained to give the viewer a sense that nodes closer to the center have edges that are of a larger magnitude than those more distant from it.  It’s not clear to me that the layouts in R-iGraph can be constrained to do this, but maybe one of the more complex ones can with some tweaking.  Has anyone tried this?

Thanks,

Chris