[igraph] correlation between attributes in bipartite network

From: Simone Gabbriellini
Subject: [igraph] correlation between attributes in bipartite network
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 12:19:41 +0200

Hello List,

I would like to plot a correlation between a degree distribution of nodes
versus one of their attribute. The situation is as follow:

- users (type==0) have the attribute $invitedby
- project (type==1) have the attribute $startedby

I want to know if there is a correlation between the degree of users and the
participation in project where users$invitedby == project$startedby.
If the plot results in a straight line near the bisector, I know that users are
used to join only project made by the users that also invited them.

I have this for degree distribution:

deg<-degree(g, V(g)[type==0])
d<-table(deg)
dd<-as.numeric(d)/sum(as.numeric(d))
deglist<-as.numeric(names(d))

now I need to see for each node A with degree in deglist the average number of
project P linked to A where A$invitedby==P$startedby

but I really lose myself here...

any help more than welcome.

best,
Simone