Re: [igraph] igraph_degree(), seriously?

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph_degree(), seriously?
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 21:10:49 +0200

Hi Marco,

> Now, all of this to get the degree of one node? :)
You're right, this is pretty complicated. We haven't really considered this a
nuisance so far because we are mostly using igraph from R or Python where all
this complexity is hidden behind the scenes. I'll add an extra function called
igraph_degree_1 or something like that which would act as a shortcut. (I was
thinking about igraph_degree_1 for the name because this rhymes well with
igraph_vss_1, igraph_ess_1 and such).

Do you have any other functions which you use frequently and which would
benefit from a similar simplification?

Thanks for the suggestion!