Re: [igraph] iGraph plot - labels text-searchable?

From: Chris Irwin
Subject: Re: [igraph] iGraph plot - labels text-searchable?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 18:22:12 -0400

Thanks Tamás,

I'm using Python.  I have been using plot like this:

plot(g, layout = layout, bbox = (2560,1024), margin = 75,
vertex_label_size = 9, vertex_size = 10, edge_arrow_size = .7)

When I specified the filename as you said:

plot(g, "test.pdf", layout = layout, bbox = (2560,1024), margin = 75,
vertex_label_size = 9, vertex_size = 10, edge_arrow_size = .7)

I got a pdf that is MUCH more readable than a similarly-sized png.
Thanks so much for that.

But I'm afraid Adobe Acrobat Professional could not search this pdf.
Are you sure the actual text is stored?  Maybe Preview on Mac OS is
doing an OCR search?  It could be that I need to search around for a
better pdf viewer on Windows....