[igraph] edge attributes for bipartite projections

From: Amir Foroushani
Subject: [igraph] edge attributes for bipartite projections
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 01:02:57 +0100

Hi Guys,

I think I had seen something similar to my question on an older thread ... but I can not find it anymore... so apologies for possible double posting.
OK, I am using igraph in R. Let's say I project a bipartite author-paper network G into an author-collaboration network P, and I am interested in the number of collaborations between two authors (for this part I believe there is a launchpad version of bipartite.projection with edge weights) and also in the list of the papers that they co-published.

Is there a more efficient way for doing this than performing first the projection by bipartite.projection and then  intersecting the neighbors (in G) of the two ends of each edge from P? In the example above, would it be possible to have the list of common papers directly as an edge attribute of the projection into authors?

Many Thanks,
Amir