Re: [igraph] Eccentricity Measurment

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Eccentricity Measurment
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 14:37:22 +0200

> I have found many great functions in the igraph library but cannot find any
> that would calculate vertex eccentricity.
Eccentricity is simply the largest distance from a given vertex to any other
vertex in the graph; in other words, you simply have to calculate the
shortest path lengths using shortest.paths and then take the maximum.

If your graph is small, you can simply calculate the shortest paths for all
the vertices at once and take the row maximums of the resulting matrix. If
your graph is large, you should feed shortest.paths with smaller batches of
vertices to avoid having to create the entire shortest path matrix at once.

Cheers,