[igraph] ARPACK error in igraph 0.6

From: Leo Alekseyev
Subject: [igraph] ARPACK error in igraph 0.6
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 19:22:16 -0500

I am trying to compute the page rank of a graph with ~50,000 vertices
and 300,000 edges.  I'm using the R interface to the latest nightly of
igraph (igraph_nightly_0.6-2591-20111110).  I keep running into the
following error:

At arpack.c:961 : ARPACK error, The Schur form computed by LAPACK
routine dlahqr could not be reordered by LAPACK routine dtrsen.

After some googling, I tried increasing the ARPACK iteration limit by
settting igraph.arpack.default$maxiter <- 50000, but it didn't help.

Any suggestions about dealing with the error are appreciated :)

--Leo