Re: [igraph] Saving in Pajek with colors with igraph

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Saving in Pajek with colors with igraph
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 19:37:47 +0100

Hi Richard,

> I'm trying to figure out how do I save a simple graph in Pajek with defined
> color values. When I try it, I get the following error message:
[...]
> I guess I'm having some trivial error here, could you help me a bit?
I think you may have stumbled upon a bug; your code is even worse on Mac OS X:

> library(igraph)
g <> g <- graph.ring(10)
> V(g)$color <- "red"
> V(g)$color
 [1] "red" "red" "red" "red" "red" "red" "red" "red" "red" "red"
> write.graph(g, format="pajek", file="test.net")

 *** caught segfault ***
address 0x8, cause 'memory not mapped'

Traceback:
 1: .Call("R_igraph_write_graph_pajek", graph, file, PACKAGE = "igraph")
 2: write.graph.pajek(graph, file, ...)
 3: write.graph(g, format = "pajek", file = "test.net")

Note that this is 0.6, not 0.5.x, but it looks like the bug has been around for
a while. Gabor will probably be able to help you with this. Can you please file
a bug report on https://bugs.launchpad.net/igraph?

Cheers,