Re: [igraph] Community Detection using leading eigenvector

From: Andrei Boutyline
Subject: Re: [igraph] Community Detection using leading eigenvector
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 18:40:32 -0800

I would like to enthusiastically second this feature request.  It would be really wonderful if the eigenvector community detection method was generalized to weighted graphs.  As far as I can tell, the change just consists of using the sum of incoming edge weights instead of vertix degree, and of normalizing the modularity by the total sum of all edge weights instead of by the total number of ties.  I would be very grateful if someone on the igraph team could make this change!

Thanks a lot!
Andrei