Re: [igraph] Edge symmetry

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Edge symmetry
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 16:11:16 +0100

Hi,

The function you are looking for is called "reciprocity", although it is
defined a bit differently: it is "the proportion of all possible (A, B)
pairs which are reciprocal, provided there is at least one edge between A
and B". So, in your case, the reciprocity is 1/3, since there are three
connected pairs (1-2, 1-3 and 3-2), and one of them is reciprocal.

I think this definition can be converted into yours using simple math if you
know the number of edges.