[igraph] Counting stars and cliques

From: Jonathan Donges
Subject: [igraph] Counting stars and cliques
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 12:58:32 +0200

Hi List,

I would like to count the number of stars and cliques of a certain order
(number of nodes) that are contained in a graph. For orders 3 and 4, I use the
motif_randesu() method.

Two questions arise:

1. Is there a more efficient way than counting all motifs, since I am only
interested in stars and cliques here?

2. Is there an easy way in igraph to generalize motif_randesu for higher order
motifs, i.e., size>4? Particularly, for counting stars and cliques with size>4?

Cheers!
Jonathan