Re: [igraph] Question on subgraph and subset

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Question on subgraph and subset
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 11:39:07 -0400

Hi Peter,

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Peter Flom
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi again
>
> I am working on plotting characteristics of neighbors of nodes against
> characteristics of the nodes themselves
>
> As part of this, I am using subgraph and subset, but getting different
> numbers of nodes.
>
> Code:
> vs <- subcomponent
> component <- subgraph(g50, vs)
> traitscomponent <- subset(traits50, traits$Position %in% vs)
>
> After which traitscomponent has 37879 rows while vs has length 37880.
>
> I can't figure out what happened!

Well, you can imagine that it is even harder to us, if you don't help
by sending some code that reproduces the problem. We don't know what
is 'traits50' or 'tratis$Position', etc. You don't have to send your
data set, just some toy example that reproduces the error.

Gabor