Re: [igraph] Community detection of weighted graphs and weighted modular

From: R N
Subject: Re: [igraph] Community detection of weighted graphs and weighted modularity
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:13:26 +0300

After asking this question, I looked in teh codeZ of R interface of
igraph-0.5.4 myself
and got an impression that the CD methods: spinglass, walktrap,
fast_greedy, label_propagation
in fact do use the edge weights, if defined for the graph, by default,
even though this parameter
is not explicitly given in the function call. Besides, I compared the
results of CD obtained by
igraph-0.5.4, using R interface, to igraph-0.6, using C interface, for
a several hundred weighted graphs
that I have, and they are identical for fast_greedy and walktrap
methods. Of course, the results differ
for nondeterministic methods spinglass and label_propagation.

Just to let you know...