Re: [igraph] Robustness of networks

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Robustness of networks
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 22:07:56 +0200

Hi,

There are several formulae and quantities defined in that paper and most of
them are implemented in igraph, including the betweenness centrality that you
have explicitly mentioned. However, the removal strategies themselves are not;
you have to implement them on your own. They are not too complicated; in the
case of ID and IB removal, you simply calculate the degrees or the
betweennesses of the vertices, sort them in decreasing order, and then start
removing the vertices one by one in the order provided by the sorted list. In
the case of the RD and RB removal, you have to find the vertex wth the largest
degree (or betweenness), remove it, find the vertex with the largest
degree/betweenness again, remove it, and so on, until there are no more
vertices. All of this should not require more than a few lines of code in
either R or Python using igraph.