[igraph] Efficient deterministic algorithm for Matching Weighted Graphs

From: Khris
Subject: [igraph] Efficient deterministic algorithm for Matching Weighted Graphs with bounded degree.
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 18:24:14 +0530

Hi All,

I need to find Efficient(tracktable) deterministic algorithm for Matching
Weighted Graphs with bounded degree. Now we all know Graph matching is
non-tractable but when degree of vertex has upper bound are there any tractable
algorithm? Does this special case comes under 'Finite Parameter Tractability' ?

Also we know that Graph isomorphism where degree of vertex has upper bound has
tractable algorithms. So will it be possible to reduce the Graph matching
problem with bounded degree to Graph isomorphism of bounded degree problem then
our original problem will have tractable solution.

Appreciate any help or pointer which may take us close towards the solutions.

Thanks in advance
Khris.