[igraph] how to "simplify" a graph

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: [igraph] how to "simplify" a graph
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 17:12:15 -0400

(no, I am not asking about the simplify function)
I have a directed graph with, say, 100 sources and 100,000 destinations,
and only 5 sources which are also destinations.
I am mostly interested in sources, but the destinations clutter
everything.
I want to "simplify" the graph by dropping all the destinations, but I
want to add a "weighted" link between two sources which have common
destinations.
How do I do that?
thanks!
--