[igraph] ( C library ) Parse error reading .net file builded with igraph

From: Elena Tea Russo
Subject: [igraph] ( C library ) Parse error reading .net file builded with igraph
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 19:07:44 +0200

Hi everyone;

I am trying to read with igraph (C library) a .net file written using the igraph library itself.
The .net file has also "id" attributes, and it is something like this:

*Vertices 2317
1 canto
2 le
3 armi
4 l
5 uomo
6 che
7 primo
8 da
9 troia
10 venne
11 in
[....]
2314 caldo
2315 alti
2316 profumata
2317 maggiorana
*Edges
1 2
2 3
1 3
1 3
1 2
1 1
1 4
3 4
[...]
2316 2317
59 2317
516 2317

When it tryes to read it, it gives to me this error:

Error at foreign.c:574 :Parse error in Pajek file, line 1 (syntax error, unexpected VP_LA, expecting NUM or ALNUM or QSTR), Parse error
Abort trap

I am quite perplexed about the fact that igraph cannot read a .net file written by itself! What is the problem?
I have crawled a bit the internet and i have found this bug threat: https://bugs.launchpad.net/igraph/+bug/602587 – may this be the same? But it appears like this bug has been fixed, while i continue to ghet the error.

Thank to you all for you help

Elena Tea Russo