[igraph] Significance of degree correlations in bipartite graph

From: Tina W Wey
Subject: [igraph] Significance of degree correlations in bipartite graph
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 18:32:47 -0700

Hello,

I would like to determine if there is significant degree correlation in a bipartite graph (specifically if male and female mating partner numbers are correlated). Is it appropriate to use the Newman assortativity coefficient be used in this case (or Pearson correlation between node degree and average neighbor degree?), and how can the significance of the correlation properly be evaluated in a bipartite graph? I'm wondering if the difference in possible ties changes interpretations of the correlations somehow? I'm sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't seem to find a direct answer to this in previous threads.

Thank you!
Tina