[igraph] community detection - match node IDs to character IDs

From: Alexander Struck
Subject: [igraph] community detection - match node IDs to character IDs
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 18:20:33 +0200

Dear all,

I'm using igraph v0.6 on R 2.15.1 and create my graph objects from edgelists
made of character IDs.
After community detection:
When I call membership(myCommObj) I receive a named vector with
name=characterID and value=communityID.
Calling communities(myCommObj) prints a list of communityIDs and each entry is
a vector of nodeIDs.
I need to match the nodeIDs to characterIDs and my best guess is the order of
the membership vector, i.e. the index would be the nodeID. Please confirm
and/or point me to documentation I may have missed.

Many thanks,
Alexander

--

Alexander Struck, M.A.
Institut fuer Bibliotheks- und Informationswissenschaft

mailto:address@hidden

tel: +49 30 2093-4294