[igraph] Problem with igraph read.graph in Mac

From: Martin J Reed
Subject: [igraph] Problem with igraph read.graph in Mac
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 00:29:37 +0100

Hi,

I have a problem with graph read.graph() in a Mac (but the same code R and igraph version in Windows does work).

In a Mac I have:

read.graph("~/tmp/simple.graphml",format="graphml")
Error in read.graph.graphml(file, ...) :
  At rinterface.c:4962 : Cannot open GraphML file, File operation error

Under Windows it reads it in OK.

I am running Mac MountainLion, R 2.15.1, igraph 0.6.2

Tested on a sample graphml file  from

http://graphml.graphdrawing.org/primer/simple.graphml

and it seems to happen for any graphml (or gml) file that I try.

Looking back through the list it seems there was a problem in the past with encoding so I converted to utf-8 but it does not help.

I am trying to avoid loading a debugger and hope that someone else has come across this…

Martin Reed