[igraph] igraph and statnet

From: Silvia Alvarez
Subject: [igraph] igraph and statnet
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 21:49:53 -0500

Hi everybody,

In a students seminar we tried to calculate basic network metrics using the igraph library. I also called the statnet library but used igraph functions for the estimations. When comparing my output with that of my class mates who didn't call statnet, the values were different. I didn't get any warning or error but the values were wrong. I tried to solve this by removing the statnet library (I actually delete it completely from my computer) but I kept getting the same wrong values. I tried it in other computers and I got the same wrong values. Has anyone had similar issues when using igraph and statnet? Is there an explanation for this? Any ideas on how to solve it? I am new to igraph and other network packages, so I am not sure if this has been discussed before, but I haven't been able to find anything yet.

Best wishes,

Silvia

--
Silvia J. Alvarez