Re: [igraph] Python matplotlib in os x

From: Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio
Subject: Re: [igraph] Python matplotlib in os x
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 08:49:25 +0100

What you have described is the normal behaviour in python. When you
create a plot, the interpreter freezes, and you can't enter any new
commands unless you close the plot window. That is because the pyrhon
interpreter only supports a single process, and can't fork a new
process when you create the plot.

The easiest solution is to use ipython (an extended python
interpreter), calling it with the --pylab option (on older ipython
versions, it's -pylab). There are many other solutions, you will find
them with a google search.