Re: [igraph] Extracting subnets automatically for further analysis based

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Extracting subnets automatically for further analysis based on metric scores
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 23:14:32 -0500

Hi Alex,

you can use the induced.subgraph() function with symbolic names. E.g. here is an example with a random graph where we pick out the subgraph including the top 10 nodes according to their page rank:

g <- erdos.renyi.game(26, 5/26)
V(g)$name <- letters
pr <- page.rank(g)$vector
top10 <- pr[order(pr, decreasing=TRUE)[1:10]]
subnet <- induced.subgraph(g, names(top10))
subnet
# IGRAPH UN-- 10 14 -- Erdos renyi (gnp) graph
# + attr: name (g/c), type (g/c), loops (g/l), p (g/n), name (v/c)

I hope this helps,
Gabor