Re: [igraph] generate graph with fixed coordinates

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] generate graph with fixed coordinates
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 12:23:58 -0400

In graph theory, vertices are usually not placed at any positions. A graph only represents the relationships between them. Most of the graph-theoretical definitions and theorems do not consider vertex positions at all.

In igraph it is possible to attach attributes to vertices, see ?set.graph.attribute, so you can attach your coordinates and use them in your own functions, but most igraph functions will ignore them.

Gabor