Re: [igraph] Python3 igraph import error on Cygwin

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Python3 igraph import error on Cygwin
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 23:41:40 +0200

Hello,

> There weren't any build/install errors. But when I try to import, I get an
> error.
> python3 -c "import igraph"
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>  File
> "/usr/local/lib/python3.2/site-packages/python_igraph-0.6.5-py3.2-cygwin-1.7.17-i686.egg/igraph/__init__.py",
>  line 34, in <module>
>    from igraph._igraph import *
> ImportError: No such file or directory
>
> Does this sound familiar to anyone?
I usually see this message when I try to import igraph straight from the folder
where I unpacked the source code of the C interface. Since the source tarball
of the Python interface contains a folder named "igraph", Python tries to
import the igraph._igraph module from there but of course it won't find the
module because it has been compiled somewhere deep in build/ and installed in
/usr/local. The solution is simply to change to another folder that does not
contain a subfolder named "igraph".

If it didn't work for you, let me know and we'll figure it out.

Cheers,