Re: [igraph] What is the max value of a node id?

From: Tam??s Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] What is the max value of a node id?
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 17:10:23 +0200

> 1. Why are the lengths of int, long, and long int all 4 bytes in my
> environment?
Well, since you are using Windows, you'd better ask Microsoft, not us ;) See
this answer on Stack Overflow for more details:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/384672/156771

> 2. even for 4 bytes of igraph_integer_t, why does not igraph_add_vertices
> work for 25 bits integer such as 33554431 and larger?
What is the error code you are getting when you try to add 33554431 vertices
with igraph_add_vertices? Also, note that the parameter to igraph_add_vertices
is *not* the ID of the vertex to add but the *number* of vertices to add.