Re: [igraph] Less vertices in output than input

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] Less vertices in output than input
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 10:51:21 -0400

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Laurens Rietveld <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Gabor,

Thanks for replying. I can provide an example, though it is quite big (~3GB): http://aers.data2semantics.org/input.tsv

I've tried smaller graphs to reproduce this issue with, but couldnt find any.

Well, try to make this file smaller, and see if the error stays. I.e. remove the first half of the lines from the file, then remove the first 3/4, etc.

I will try to get this into pajek format, though it'll be some work. I'd hope to avoid this as much as possible (I have bigger graphs around 130GB as well..).

You can avoid it, but then you'll need to specify the number of vertices explicitly.

If I understand correctly, the number of isolates might be an issue here? Thing is, when I take a look at my graph, I'm sure some of the vertices have incoming edges. However, when I calculate the indegree, some of these vertices are still missing..

My _guess_ is that it is not possible to know the number of vertices from your edge list file. But you still haven't sent any code, so this is a guess only. Please try sending a smaller data set if you can, and definitely some code that reproduces the problem.

G.

Best, Laurens