Re: [igraph] igraph_install_help

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph_install_help
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 10:35:31 +0200

> I am a newer. Recently, I'm interested in igraph. But stuck in install
> igraph. I use Ubuntu 12.04 system, and want to install c library. I try
> solve this problem on google again and again, but no answer. So please,
> I hope getting Installation steps.
Ubuntu Linux already contains packages for the C core of igraph, although
the official ones are a bit outdated. If you are fine with igraph 0.5.4, you
can simply run "sudo apt-get install libigraph0-dev" from the command line
and it should install the C library for you. If you need the latest and
greatest igraph version (0.6.5), you have to add our private package
repository to your system and then install igraph from there as follows:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:igraph/ppa
sudo apt-get install libigraph0-dev