[igraph] consistent layout w/induced.sugraph

From: jimi adams
Subject: [igraph] consistent layout w/induced.sugraph
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 15:43:27 -0400

Hello all,
I'm trying to plot subsets of a large graph with the layout from the full graph
retained. In trying to make use of the induced.subgraph command to do so, it's
not carrying over layout information in the way I'd expect, and throws an
error. This is because the resulting subgraph's layout is still the same size
as the initial graph despite the induced subgraph being described as the proper
reduced size (see below). (For what it's worth, i got similar results using
delete.vertices and decompose.graph.) The only way I can get it to work is if I
assign the x/y coordinates separately as Vertex attributes. Am I missing
something obvious here?

Thanks!
jimi

(I'm using igraph 0.6.5-2 on R 3.0.1)
g <- graph.empty(n=10)
g <- add.edges(g, c(1,2, 2,3, 3,4, 4,5, 5,6, 6,7, 7,8, 8,9))
g$layout <- layout.fruchterman.reingold(g)
cl <- clusters(g)
g1 <- induced.subgraph(g, which(cl$membership == which.max(cl$csize)))
plot(g1)

Warning messages:
1: In layout[, 1] + label.dist * cos(-label.degree) * (vertex.size +  :
  longer object length is not a multiple of shorter object length
2: In layout[, 2] + label.dist * sin(-label.degree) * (vertex.size +  :
  longer object length is not a multiple of shorter object length

g1$layout
           [,1]        [,2]
 [1,]  7.736875  -0.6740434
 [2,] 10.501357  -1.9003011