Re: [igraph] [python] simple paths

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] [python] simple paths
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:44:52 +0200

> Is it possible to list all simple paths of length k between source and target
> in igraph? networkx has a function
> http://networkx.github.io/documentation/latest/_modules/networkx/algorithms/simple_paths.html#all_simple_paths
>  which might be a useful starting point but producing them all and filtering
> by length seems very inefficient.
There is no such function but you can code it yourself quite easily. See this
answer on Stack Overflow for a starting point (and also note my comment below
it that tells you how to avoid constructing the adjacency list of the graph):

http://stackoverflow.com/a/3973287/156771

All that you need to ensure is that the function does not recurse into itself
again if the incoming value of the `path` variable already contains four nodes.
This is quite easy to ensure.