Re: [igraph] bipartite from edgelist?

From: Tam??s Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] bipartite from edgelist?
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 00:05:49 +0200

> i have some order records including buyer ids and seller ids, we can consider
> it as an edgelist, in which the buyers and sellers are the nodes.
>
> i want to consider it as an bipartite network including buyers and sellers,
> but how can i bipartite it into buyers network and sellers network, please?
>
> if i call bipartitie.mapping, it returns False...
Please give us more details about how you constructed your network. Chances are
that the problem lies in the fact that igraph does not "know" which of the
nodes are buyers and which ones are sellers. You have to supply this as a
binary vertex attribute named "type" which is TRUE for buyers and FALSE for
sellers (or the other way round).