[igraph] question about read and write graph from and into files

From: Qunawei Zhang
Subject: [igraph] question about read and write graph from and into files
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 12:12:54 -0400

Hello:

   I call the function as follows to input the gene interaction network,in which each row includes two genes interact with each other.

igraph_read_graph_ncol(&g,input,NULL,1,IGRAPH_ADD_WEIGHTS_NO,IGRAPH_UNDIRECTED);

According to the description in the documentation about the parameter "names"(I.e., Logical value, if TRUE the symbolic names of the vertices will be added to the graph as a vertex attribute called “name”), the vertex should have an attribute named as "name" which are the gene symbols.

And then I wanted to save the network into a file with gene symbols instead of ids. I called the function in the following way, but it did not save the gene symbols.

igraph_write_graph_ncol(&g,output,"name",0);

Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks

Best
Quanwei