[igraph] Vertex and edges graphic parameters

From: Silvia
Subject: [igraph] Vertex and edges graphic parameters
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:43:55 -0600

Hello,

I would appreciate help on this simple questions!  I just can't get it right.

FIRST. How do I created groups of edges or nodes from my sequence in order to
assigned different graphical parameters like shape and color?

Works well when I do:

E/V(g)$color... -- color all edges/nodes

E/V(g)[5]$color… color the edge/node in the 5th position of the sequence

E/V(g)[1:5]$color…color the edge/node from 1st to 5th position of the sequence

But I haven't been able to create a lis or group of edges/nodes scattered in
the sequence, to assign the same graphical attribute at once.  In the small
graph is not a problem to go one by one, but for biggers I would like to have a
list.

E/V(g)[1, 4, 8]$color… this didn't work.  Same question for the shape of the
nodes!

SECOND. I'm running a community structure analysis on my graph, and plotting it
with dendPlot().  Among the arguments there is colbar, which draw a box around
the communities, is there a way to spatially separate the communities?

Again, thanks for the tips!

Silvia Solís
PhD Student
Centro de Investigaciones en Ecosistemas
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México