Re: [igraph] power law fitting

From: Ahmed Abdeen Hamed
Subject: Re: [igraph] power law fitting
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 01:46:11 -0500

Thank you Dr. Tamás!

I came across this very useful resource here, where they provide code for various languages including python, c, java, r and matlab: http://tuvalu.santafe.edu/~aaronc/powerlaws/

I also got my network plotted and it seems to be scale-free. I think I have some more work to do, but I am just so happy I got this to work!!!

Thanks very much everyone!

-Ahmed

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Tamás Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
> How do I *plot* the results to see the curve? The results are loaded with these data items:

You have to do that yourself; Python does not have standard plotting facilities (unlike R) so it is hard to come up with any generic solution without introducing external dependencies. Chances are that you’ll have to use Matplotlib or some other Python plotting library and construct the curves yourself.