[igraph] Using layout.fruchterman.reingold() to compare two graph

From: Xuan Wang
Subject: [igraph] Using layout.fruchterman.reingold() to compare two graph
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 22:05:17 +0800

Hi,

I have a graph A and I generate a layout for the graph A with the function layout.fruchterman.reingold(). Then I add a few edges to the graph A, and I get graph B. I want to plot both A and B with similar layout, but not exactly the same. Can I achieve this with the igraph package.

In my mind, the ideal way of doing this is starting with the layout  layout.fruchterman.reingold(A), then add a few edges and do a few more iterations on the layout to get the layout for graph B. Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks a lot!

Xuan Wang (PhD)
Department of Statistics and Operations Research,
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,
Chapel Hill, NC, 27514