Re: [igraph] Possible bug on R igraph

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Possible bug on R igraph
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 10:00:38 +0100

> I am writing to report a possible bug for igraph in R platform. It seems that
> igraph cannot well define undirected graph, that means it can not remove the
> redundant links in the network.

On the contrary; igraph can create multigraphs in which multiple edges may
exist between the same pairs of nodes. Nothing in the mathematical definition
of graphs says that there can be only one edge between any pair of nodes as far
as I know.

> It seems weird. It uses A - B edge for three times in the creation of this
> undirected graph.
> I am not sure whether this is due to my wrong command line or not.

Use simplify() to get rid of multiple edges after you have created your graph:

g <- simplify(g)

—