Re: [igraph] plotting a bipartite graph layout

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] plotting a bipartite graph layout
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 08:15:35 +0100

> Is there a layout that plot bipartite graphs? I checked all layouts available
> but haven't had much luck.

There is no layout algorithm that is specifically meant for bipartite graphs.
If you want to plot the graph such that the two parts are placed in different
rows, you can try using the Fruchterman-Reingold layout with one of the
coordinates (X or Y) of each vertex constrained to a specific value, depending
on the type of the vertex.