Re: [igraph] question about writing in Pajek format

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] question about writing in Pajek format
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 08:04:15 -0500

Hi,

the Pajek format does not support arbitrary attributes. The attributes that are supported are listed in the manual.

Gabor

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 4:35 AM, Simone Gabbriellini <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear List,

I have a graph loaded from a graphml file, where nodes have three
attributes: name, village and religion.

When I write out the file in Pajek format, only "name" is retained
while the other two are discarded. From the documentation:
"Appropriate vertex and edge attributes are also written to the file",
so this means that village and religion are not appropriate
attributes? Is there anything I can do to make igraph write also these
two attributes?

Best regards,
Simone

Simone Gabbriellini, PhD

Post-doctoral Researcher
ANR founded research project "DIFFCERAM"
GEMASS, CNRS & Paris-Sorbonne.

mobile: +39 340 39 75 626
email: address@hidden