Re: [igraph] error calling g.simplify()

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] error calling g.simplify()
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 23:49:53 +0100

Hi Ahmed,

I have checked your CSV file. Line 633433 contains three entries, not two. The
DictReader class from Python will convert this into a dictionary where there
are three keys: “source", “target” and None. None (as a Python object) then
ends up as an attribute name for edges, and this is something that the Python
interface is not prepared for (because it shouldn’t happen anyway), so you get
the error message that you’ve seen. Fix line 633433 in your file and it should
be okay. In the meanwhile, I will fix the Graph.DictList() method to ensure
that this yields an exception during the construction of the graph.