Re: [igraph] BFS of a certain number of steps

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] BFS of a certain number of steps
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 09:05:29 +0100

It takes <10 lines of Python code to do that so it’s unlikely that we’ll
provide a separate function for that. Something along the lines of:

import random, itertools

def random_walk_iterator(graph, v):
    while True:
        yield v
        v = random.choice(graph.neighbors(v))

walk = itertools.islice(random_walk_iterator(graph, start), desired_length)

Note that you need extra care in random_walk_iterator when the graph is
directed because you have to handle cases when you get stuck in a dead end.