Re: [igraph] Degree-preserving rewiring of a large graph

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] Degree-preserving rewiring of a large graph
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 20:36:25 +0200

Not sure why the NA values appear in your graphs -- we would need a
reproducible example to be able to investigate this. However, one trick that
you could use is to “save” your original weights vector in a variable, and then
for every generated graph, shuffle the weights vector and assign it to the
edges of the generated graph. E.g.:

weights <- E(g)$weight
g2 <- degree.sequence.game(degree(g), method=“vl”)
E(g2)$weight <- scramble(weights)

where scramble() is a function that takes a vector and shuffles it; something
like:

scramble <- function(x, k=3L) {
    x.s <- seq_along(x)
    y.s <- sample(x.s)
    x[unlist(split(x.s[y.s], (y.s-1) %/% k), use.names = FALSE)]
}

(scramble function copied shamelessly from here:
http://stackoverflow.com/a/17640731/156771)