[igraph] igraph 0.7 CRAN binaries for OSX

From: Diego Diez
Subject: [igraph] igraph 0.7 CRAN binaries for OSX
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 20:42:03 +0900

Hi all,

Since R-3.1.0 the OSX binaries come in two flavors, snow leopard and
mavericks. Actually, both can be used in mavericks and because
currently the Bioconductor project does not support Maverick's
binaries I have the snow leopard installed. However, when trying to
install igraph I get version 0.6.5-2, and version 0.7 is only
available as source (see below code).

Eventually Bioconductor will provide Mavericks binaries and the
problem will be fixed by installing the mavericks flavor. However
there might be some bona fide snow leopard users and since my package
depends on igraph 0.7 this can cause confusion as they will have to
install developer tools to get it. Is the reason for this problem
known by the igraph developers? Is there a fix scheduled? Should I ask
instead in the R mailing list?

Thank you.
All the best,
Diego

> install.packages("igraph")

  There is a binary version available (and will be installed)
  but the source version is later:
        binary source
igraph 0.6.5-2  0.7.0

trying URL 'http://cran.rstudio.com/bin/macosx/contrib/3.1/igraph_0.6.5-2.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 4466270 bytes (4.3 Mb)
opened URL
downloaded 4.3 Mb

The downloaded binary packages are in
/var/folders/kx/xm4xdp6x3dl2sklv_xqyvxnm0000gn/T//RtmpcaMjZw/downloaded_packages
> sessionInfo()
R version 3.1.0 (2014-04-10)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
[7] base

[1] tools_3.1.0

--
Diego Diez, PhD