[igraph] Computing SCC on large graph

From: Santiago Videla
Subject: [igraph] Computing SCC on large graph
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 17:12:17 -0300

Hi all,

I recently started to use igraph (from python) and after playing a bit with it I loaded a directed graph with ~1.5 millions nodes and ~100 millions edges. I know there are cycles and I'd like to identify them all (I believe that most of them are of the form A <-> B). I'm trying to compute the SCC of the graph. I guess there are plenty of things that in practice could have an impact on how the algorithm performs. But, does anyone have experience computing SCC on a graph of similar scale? How long (aprox) could it take? I ask because it has been running for 75 hours by now, and the memory seems quite stable around 3.5GB (Intel Core i5 2.67GHz - 16GB RAM).

Do you think this is normal/expected? Should I just keep waiting?

Regards,