Re: [igraph] ./configure won't detect GMP

From: Szabolcs Horvát
Subject: Re: [igraph] ./configure won't detect GMP
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 13:18:33 +0200

Hi Tamas,

Actually gmp.h is present in $HOME/local/include.  I'm really confused
about what is going wrong now.  Maybe there's something obvious I'm
missing?

Witness:

$ ls $HOME/local/include
gmp.h  igraph

This is part of the output from ./configure:

checking for libxml/parser.h... yes
checking for __gmpz_add in -lgmp... yes
checking gmp.h usability... no
checking gmp.h presence... no
checking for gmp.h... no
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done

So you are right that it doesn't find gmp.h

But if I crudely remove the checking part from configure.ac and force
it to try to use GMP anyway by setting gmp_support=yes, then igraph
compiles without errors and works fine.