Re: [igraph] question about average.path.length(graph, directed=TRUE, un

From: Qunawei Zhang
Subject: Re: [igraph] question about average.path.length(graph, directed=TRUE, unconnected=TRUE)
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 09:58:33 -0400

Hello:

Thanks. And you think the possible "real" path length within the graph is the number of nodes in the network (minus 1). I just thought that may be it is too stringent. One unconnected node may contribute much to the average length of shortest path (consider one case, only a few nodes are not connected to the connected component). If the diameter of the connected component is d, how about to define the distance between unconnected nodes as d+1 or 2d?
Thanks again

Best
Quanwei